[asdf-devel] ASDF improvements from ECL

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Nov 10 22:34:23 UTC 2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

> Furthermore, in order to answer your question, what I expect of the
> test facility is that once every framework hooks in, one is able to
> write
>
> (defsystem :my-package
>  :components ((:file "my-package"))
>  :in-order-to ((test-op (rt-test-op :my-package-test))))

FWIW, I'd suggest

(defsystem my-package
  :class rt-testable-system
  :components .....
)

When you do (oos 'test-op 'my-package), the rt-testable-system
(presumably a subclass of system and rt-testable-mixin) would take care
of invoking RT to test the system.

[As an aside, I'm intrigued that you are using RT --- we gave up on it
eventually because it's state is all global, so that we were never
comfortable that stuff we set up to test in one system would not clash
with tests in other systems....]