[asdf-devel] asdf-binary-locations

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon May 18 15:37:38 UTC 2009

Nikodemus Siivola wrote:
> 2009/5/18 Gary King <gwking at metabang.com>:
>> I think that that would be a good thing and was going to bring up the
>> idea myself!
>>
>> Any dissent?
>
> I haven't ever used it, so I can't really comment on it. I'll take a
> look before the week is out.

That'd be great.  Note that it doesn't do anything to change the vanilla
behavior.  You will still have to do an asdf-load of
asdf-binary-locations to make it happen (we might streamline this, but
not to the point of making it default behavior), but it will save ASDF
users who DO want it from having to do another file download, fuss with
symbolic links, etc.

We'd just be offering more function "out of the box," rather than
forcing it on anyone.

best,