[asdf-devel] bug in new ASDF

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Jul 13 16:10:33 UTC 2009

I see the following when I try to load an asdf system now:

Error loading #P"/Users/rpg/clinit.cl":
While searching for system `asdf-context`: `(MERGE-PATHNAMES systems/
/Users/rpg/lisp/asdf-install-systems/)`
evaluated to `/Users/rpg/lisp/asdf-install-systems/systems/` which is
not a directory.

The problem with this error is that, in fact, that IS a directory:

CL-USER(2): (probe-file "/Users/rpg/lisp/asdf-install-systems/systems/")
#P"/Users/rpg/lisp/asdf-install-systems/systems/"

I'm looking in sysdef-central-registry-search and the logic seems to be
completely borked.  It looks for a system definition and, if it doesn't
find one, it assumes that the directory name is bad.  I believe the
logic should be:

1.  Look at the directory and ensure that it exists.

2.  If it does not exist, push it onto the bad list

3.  Else merge in the system name and look for the system definition.

The current logic merges in the system name first, so misdiagnoses.

[I will now proceed to wrestle with git, which I am coming to loathe
with a consuming hatred, in order to attempt to verify that my diagnosis
is correct, and then send a patch.  More soon.]