[asdf-devel] Fwd: can't compile-file then load asdf.lisp

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 11:56:56 UTC 2009

2009/7/9 Gary King <gwking at metabang.com>:
>> If something along the lines is put it, I would suggest that TRT is to
>> signal an error and offer restarts to either delete the package or
>> continue blindly.
>
> I agree and it seems that a named restart would allow XCVB function
> correctly, right?

No it wouldn't, and on second thoughts, I agree that it's all a
problem of system construction that a mere source file like asdf.lisp
can't properly handle on its own.

XCVB is a big boy, and the install scripts will include a "setup" file
that deletes any old asdf as the first thing during the build.

On the other hand, it would be nice if ASDF would include the
build.xcvb and the module form. If you have an objection to either,
I'm curious what it is and I'll find another solution.

One can be so anxious to put his "best foot forward" that he doesn't even
notice that it isn't his own foot. -- Harry Browne (HIFFIAUW)