[asdf-devel] Bizarre consequences of FIND-SYSTEM in ASDF.

dherring at tentpost.com dherring at tentpost.com
Wed Dec 2 18:24:22 UTC 2009

Robert P. Goldman wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2009, at 21:38, Daniel Herring <dherring at tentpost.com> wrote:
>> Drepper's dso howto explains issues that might negatively affect ASDF
>> systems in the large.
> Can you provide a more complete pointer to this post? I'm afraid I
> don't know what you refer to.

Sorry; it was an obscure reference for a lisp mailing list.  It discusses
C/C++ linking issues, but many would still be relevant if OpenOffice were
written in CL.
http://people.redhat.com/drepper/dsohowto.pdf

Continuing OT, more recommended reading for people making build systems:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Standard-Targets.html
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/DESTDIR.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/Introduction.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/The-GNU-Build-System.html

Again, there's not a 1-1 correspondence with CL, but the underlying
usability issues are universal.

- Daniel