[asdf-devel] What is the release process for ASDF?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:52:22 UTC 2009

2009/12/1 Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>:
> I just checked, and I see that my documentation patches have not been
> pushed.  Any objection to pushing them before the release?
>
> If you are willing to do that, I'd appreciate it.  I prefer not to do
> anything irrevocable to the git repo....

Sure. Those of you who have patches you want included in the next
release, please re-send them to me, if possible based on my
development repo at
  http://common-lisp.net/project/xcvb/git/asdf.git

Note that now that we have an asdf.asd, I'd like to keep anything not
necessary to bootstrap in separate systems -- though I could be
convinced otherwise and will yield to majority opinion on anything
regarding ASDF.

Actually, I'd even like to declare asdf:run-shell-command deprecated
copy it somewhere else for those who'd officially like to use it. A
cursory look at google/codesearch for "asdf:run-shell-program" finds
cclan, asdf-install which are readily fixable, but also a few others,
too. There might be some that are not indexed or import the symbol,
though.

The superior man understands what is right;
the inferior man understands what will sell.
                -- Confucius