[asdf-devel] contradiction in ASDF central-registry default vs code

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Fri Aug 21 16:05:34 UTC 2009

Hi Robert,

> I'm inclined to prefer that we rearrange that code block so that the
> when is pushed upstream, and we simply don't push a NIL onto the
> *central-registry*.
>
> Would that be an acceptable solution?

I'd rather do it like that too but I don't think it'll work. The
trouble is the entries are evaluated when searched and ASDF may not
know that an entry is nil until after it does the evaluation. The
entry in question is

    '(let ((home (sb-ext:posix-getenv "SBCL_HOME")))
       (when (and home (not (string= home "")))
         (merge-pathnames "site-systems/" (truename home))))

and I think that we can't know whether or not this entry is valid
until after we've put it on the *central-registry*.

So..., I'm going to set up the iteration so that nil entries are
removed during the search and leave the SBCL portion as is.

comments?
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 559 8738