[asdf-devel] Windows shortcuts

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Wed Aug 19 05:46:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Robert Goldman wrote:

> Apparently, some time ago David Lichteblau proposed an asdf patch (which
> I am attaching) that would make it possible for ASDF to follow Windows
> shortcuts as if they were symbolic links.

I have merged this patch in with the latest ASDF.  I've tested it against
a couple lisp implementations on both linux and MSWinXP.  Neither platform
had any problems, but my Windows shortcuts started working properly.

Get the changes from my copy of the ASDF git repository at
http://git.libcl.com/local/?p=asdf.git;a=summary
(That repository also contains an ECL bugfix.)

I'd appreciate it if a few others reported that it works and/or doesn't
break anything; but I think these changes are ready for merging into the
master ASDF tree.

To test on Windows, create shortcut files and put them in
*central-registry* the way you use symlinks on other filesystems.  Note
that IIRC Clisp natively dereferences shortcut files; so don't do all your
Windows testing with it.

Later,
Daniel