[asdf-devel] Windows shortcuts

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Aug 18 12:24:45 UTC 2009

Gary King wrote:
> Thanks Daniel,
>
>> P.S.  WinVista finally introduced "real" symlinks.  If everyone
>> upgraded...<0002-Windows-shortcut-support.patch><0001-website-changes-switch-to-load-system-etc.patch>
>>

> Is there a good (and portable) *feature* or other mechanism to tell
> which version of Windows we're running on?

I'm not sure that this actually makes the problem go away.  I know that
Vista has symlinks, but have they replaced the old shortcuts, or are
they just an additional feature.  If the latter, we may still want to
support following shortcuts.  That would be especially true if making
shortcuts is supported by the windows graphical shell and symlinks aren't.

best,