[asdf-announce] ASDF 2.29 released

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 14:55:08 UTC 2013

Dear Lisp hackers,

I just released ASDF 2.29, a stability update due to be included in CCL 1.9.
ASDF 2.28 was released shortly after 2.27, without an announcement,
to fix an issue found by Stelian Ionescu using TEST-OP on some systems,
that wasn't visible in my automated tests so far.
ASDF 2.29 further brings:

  * deferred-warnings support for Allegro, CMUCL, SCL;
    fixes to the CCL support.

  * Upgrade fixes regarding fallback system versions;
    making it possible (via massive use of eval-when)
    to compile ASDF without loading it first.

  * Compatibility with private use of :D package nickname
    by not claiming it for package ASDF/DRIVER anymore.
    Also explicitly handle NIL in safe-file-write-date,
    in case the implementation doesn't issue a file-error in that case;
    make UTF-8 the default encoding for with-input-file.
    Be portable to #+(and sbcl (not sb-eval)).

  * Bugfixes to old bugs: inline-methods can now be unqualified (lp#485393),
    defsystem-depends-on accepts arbitrary specs, not just names (lp#1027521).

At this point, and after the massive rewrite that went into ASDF 2.27,
	http://lists.common-lisp.net/pipermail/asdf-announce/2013-February/000014.html
ASDF is getting stable enough that I'm once again inviting implementers
to update the ASDF they distribute.

The Solution
Bertolt Brecht

After the uprising of the 17th June
The Secretary of the Writers Union
Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee
Stating that the people
Had forfeited the confidence of the government
And could win it back only
By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?