Setting environment variables

Scott L. Burson Scott at sympoiesis.com
Sat Apr 29 06:23:50 UTC 2023

Hi,

I've been away from ABCL for some time, so I ask your indulgence in case
I'm revisiting a familiar issue.  I tried (SETF (UIOP:GETENV "foo")
"value") and got

Not (currently) implemented on ABCL: (SETF UIOP/OS:GETENV)

On investigation, I see that the JVM doesn't normally support setting
environment variables, but there are known ways to jimmy it into doing so:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/318239/how-do-i-set-environment-variables-from-java

Would a PR to add such a hack to ABCL be welcome, or should I just make it
a local mod?  Or is there another, recommended way of doing this?

-- Scott