Interrupting repl in Slime

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:20:37 UTC 2022

No, I mean
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/Thread.html#interrupted--

The only deprecated methods are suspend, resume and stop. The interrupt
machinery is what developers are supposed to use (at least when not using
some higher-level framework). It's a form of cooperative multitasking,
since a thread can completely ignore the interrupt. However, given we have
control over Lisp threads, we can play nice with that convention, and maybe
offer a without-interrupts special form for performance-critical code where
the developer assumes the responsibility of checking for interrupts in
selected moments.