Interrupting repl in Slime

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu Apr 7 09:36:34 UTC 2022

> On Apr 7, 2022, at 08:22, Alessio Stalla <alessiostalla at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To me, this looks overly complicated with all these flags. I never understood why ABCL does all this. Java threads already natively have an interrupt flag. Is there a reason for not using the native Java mechanism? https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/essential/concurrency/interrupt.html

I would just wrap the native Java conventions that runs on the current runtime targets (openjdk{8,11,17}), but obviously not use anything that is deprecated.

Our thread model, such as it ever was, is certainly a 1:1 mapping of LispThread to JVM thread concept, that there has never been an idea of N:M native/green thread pooling stuff.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."