Feature request: command-line option to disable debugger

Robert Munyer 2433647181 at munyer.com
Fri Nov 27 02:54:32 UTC 2020

Many Lisp implementations (including CCL, CLISP and SBCL) have a
command-line option that causes unhandled errors to terminate the
Lisp process instead of invoking the debugger.

This option is useful for programs that don't have irreplaceable
valuable state in the heap, and that have users whose reaction
upon seeing a debug REPL would be "How do I get out of this!?".

Also, a few days ago someone on IRC mentioned having the problem
that "if there is an error in the expression" the server thread
"gets locked in the ABCL repl".  I think his or her use-case
might also benefit from a debugger-disabling switch.

Happy Thanksgiving!