Bug report: Loading a FASL into a package which doesn't import SETQ

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Nov 10 10:50:25 UTC 2020

> On Nov 8, 2020, at 22:48, Robert Munyer <2433647181 at munyer.com> wrote:

[…]

> A proper fix would probably involve binding *PACKAGE* to a package in
> which none of the symbols that are in the content that is about to be
> written to __loader__._, other than keywords, are present or inherited.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be as simple as that.  Or maybe I am still
confused, because apparently I have a bug in the zip-cache used by our falls so
I end up calling SYS:CLEAR-ZIP-CACHE.

Anyways, I have made [some progress][1] on this, but even with this patch we
still fail when loading a fasl the current package doesn't (use :cl) if the
source file doesn’t have an explicit :IN-PACKAGE.  The failing test works in
SBCL/CCL so there is definitely something wonky in our loader implementation.

[1]: <https://github.com/armedbear/abcl/pull/352>

More when I know it,
Mark

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."