help with verify error

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue May 19 20:19:00 UTC 2020

> On May 18, 2020, at 18:42, Stephen Varey <srvarey at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to load powerloom into abcl.
>
> If you download powerloom (https://www.isi.edu/isd/LOOM/PowerLoom/download.html#PowerLoom)
>
> start abcl and then (load "~/powerloom-4.0.10/load-powerloom.lisp") ;;; assuming downloaded into home directory
>
> It fails with the following stacktrace.
>
> Can you help?

This code expresses a bug in the compiler.  Due to the ISI codebase doing what
would be considered nowawdays real hacks around compilation, it will take a bit
of effort to isolate the exact problem in the compiler, but it gives a
practical problem to improve the disassembly tools.

The ISI codebase hasn’t been updated since 2010.  It works under CCL, but not
SBCL so ABCL isn’t the only implementation with problems here.

I’ve filed [an issue][186][467].

[186]: https://github.com/armedbear/abcl/issues/186
[467]: https://abcl.org/trac/ticket/467

Thanks for trying out the Bear; we’ll see what we can do to get your code
running, as it is a great example of a substantial application.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."