ABCL-1.7.0 released

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Jun 5 05:02:31 UTC 2020

> On Jun 4, 2020, at 18:57, Gregory Baryza <gabaryza at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As released, this will not compile using Java 14.
>
> File: abcl.properties.in, line 13, needs to be changed from
> abcl.javac.source=1.6
> abcl.javac.source=1.8

abcl.properties.in is the template for abcl.properties; changing it doesn’t effect the compilation at all.

To compile for openjdk14 one must either edit abcl.properties to the correct properties or use the configuration script as documented in the [README][1].

I will revisit the README to make this situation clearer.

[1]: https://github.com/armedbear/abcl/blob/master/README#L153

> File src/org/armedbear/lisp/java/swing/REPLConsole.java, line 144, needs to be changed from
> yield();
> Thread.yield();
>
> because the compiler reports that the command "yield" is now a reserved word. Adding the class name makes it clear this is a function reference.

The compilation still succeeds: it is merely a warning.  I will gladly accept a patch for removing the warning provided the source is still compatible with Java 1.6.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."