Fixed in trunk (was Re: run-program issues with OpenJDK 11)

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu Jul 30 19:52:58 UTC 2020

I’ve made some recents commits that should be part of abcl-1.7.2 (real soon noon).

> On Jul 24, 2020, at 09:52, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:

[…]

> Debugging further…
>
> <https://abcl.org/trac/ticket/470>

[…]

Issues with openjdk11 not able to invoke SYS:RUN-PROGRAM fixed with <https://abcl.org/trac/changeset/15358>.

Additionally I did some light testing over running the implementation compiled with openjdk11 on java8 implementations.  This shook out [some bugs with the compiler][2],
as the the openjdk11 compiler optimizesoptimizes the call to
java.nio.Buffer.flip() in to be directly on the java.nio.ByteBuffer
type.  We fixed other instances of java.nio.Buffer interfaces to the
point of being able to run the ANSI-TEST suite.  I was able to get around this with some fairly ugly looking casts.  But it seems to work…

   // capacity = buffer.limit();  ==>
   capacity = ((java.nio.Buffer)buffer).limit();

[1]: <​https://github.com/armedbear/abcl/commit/7021a905222c2b743422b607409233771e4ed623>
[2]: <https://github.com/armedbear/abcl/commit/4786b62113d6da9cf358b25fe23ed05e8e05e6da>

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."