java:jinterface-implementation: multiple interfaces?

Steven Nunez steve_nunez at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 11:26:32 UTC 2020

 Sorry, meant to send to the ABCL-dev list the first time.

The use case is Spark lambda functions. I couldn't do a better job than the Spark RDD Programming Guide does at explaining the use case. It starts on the Basics heading. The ideal case would be the ability to take Java code like this:JavaRDD<Integer> lineLengths = lines.map(s -> s.length());and write it in ABCL like this:
(let ((line-lengths (#"map" *lines* (lambda (s) (length s)))))
This uses the ABCL length function, which would be a huge win if we can use Lisp functions to map across data structure. I've already got abcl.jar accessible to Spark on all the nodes of a cluster. I'd probably shadow the cl:lambda with a spark:lambda to make the syntax natural.