Regarding Steps Towards ABCL STEP Functionality

loveleague loveleague at protonmail.com
Sun Aug 2 12:34:42 UTC 2020

Hello,

While reading through the release manual, I came across the realization -- from section 1.1.2 -- that ABCL still needs an implementation of the STEP function.

I would like to look into the details of the hurdles one might need to overcome to bring STEP functionality to ABCL. I imagine there may be some additional challenges from dealing with the JVM, but I'm not well versed as of yet on the topic of debuggers or JVM internals.

If it would be possible to share some details on where one would get started in trying to approach this, that would be appreciated.

- Luke