cffi doesn't load on ABCl 1.5 and 1.4 (but works on 1.3 and odler)

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Mar 8 21:01:36 UTC 2019

> On Feb 6, 2019, at 12:51, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:

[…]

>> In a fresh installation of ABCL which doesn’t have the cached jar artifact present, I am getting failures with loading CFFI due to the JNA artifact version not being available.
>>
>> Unfortunately, just downloading the new jna-5.2.0 artifact may not be enough in all circumstances due to problem with mvn-3.6.0. Stay tuned, sports fans…
>>

> I don't know if you see the same error. If you want to reproduce mine, here are the steps:

After logging into the provided environment, the failures seem to to be related
the use of Red Hat’s IcedTea Java 6 implementation.  It would be better to use
openjdk6 for your, as that’s what the implementation has been most tested upon.
Ideally, I would like to look into supporting as many open Java6
implementations as possible, but resources are somewhat constrained in just
moving things somewhat forward.  I will try to return to Red Hat Iced Tea
support when I have time.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."