Running Lisp tests

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Jun 11 09:58:41 UTC 2019

> On Jun 9, 2019, at 16:24, Alessio Stalla <alessiostalla at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think I found out. This command works:
>
> java -jar dist/abcl.jar --eval '(require (quote asdf))' --eval '(asdf:initialize-source-registry `(:source-registry (:directory ,*default-pathname-defaults*) :inherit-configuration))' --eval '(asdf:test-system :abcl/test/ansi/compiled)'7
>
> The difference? build.xml includes the --noinit argument. Which skips loading my init file which loads Quicklisp.

> Apparently, ABCL's tests depend on prove [1] and it has to be installed manually, or found via Quicklisp.
>
> [1] http://quickdocs.org/prove/

Only *some* of ABCL’s tests depend on PROVE which can indeed by loaded by Quicklisp.  Having PROVE be a dependency of running the ABCL/TEST/ANSI/COMPILED is a mistake.  The usage of the “—-noinit” flag in the Ant script is the right idea, but since Quicklisp is now needed to locate PROVE for only some tests, we should add code to probe for the existence of Quicklisp.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."