Running Lisp tests

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Jun 1 00:12:16 UTC 2019

> On May 27, 2019, at 20:07, Alessio Stalla <alessiostalla at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I have trouble running ABCL's Lisp test suites:
>
> $ ant abcl.test
> ...lots of output...
>      [java] Caught :ASDF/FIND-COMPONENT:MISSING-DEPENDENCY while processing --eval option "(asdf:test-system :abcl/test/ansi/compiled)":
>      [java]   #<MISSING-DEPENDENCY {1337E679}>
>      [java] Java Result: 2
> ...etc...
>
> Do you have any idea?

What does (asdf:find-system :abcl) return?

You need to have the [ANSI-TEST repository cloned locally][ansi-test] as a sibling of where “abcl.asd” is located.  This is noted in the [comments within “abcl.asd”][1], and we could certainly profit for a better message in the signaled condition.

TODO automate this as part of the things [ABCL-BUILD][abcl-build] can install locally for the user.

[ansi-test]: https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/ansi-test/ansi-test.git
[1]: https://abcl.org/trac/browser/trunk/abcl/abcl.asd#L86
[abcl-build]: https://abcl.org/trac/browser/trunk/abcl/contrib/abcl-build/build

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."