ABCL efficiency and build settings

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Nov 27 15:20:10 UTC 2018

> On Nov 26, 2018, at 17:41, Gunter Königsmann <gunter at peterpall.de> wrote:
>
> With Maxima, which is a single-thread application abcl uses more than one CPU at a time. I guess java contains housekeeping magic it can run in parallel to the application that is running. Perhaps that is what the user is seeing.

In general, there will be more than one thread running in the JVM even for nominally single-threaded application such as Maxima.  For instance, depending on the JVM version and the options it is invoked with, the underlying JVM garbage collector will be run on its own thread.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."