Trouble running abcl 1.5.0 with java 1.8.0_161 on macOS 10.12.6

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Jun 11 06:33:51 UTC 2018

> On Jun 9, 2018, at 16:48, Carlo Tambuatco <oraclmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> It seems to build fine, and generate the abcl.jar in the dist/ folder when I build from source.
>
> But this error occurs when I run the generated abcl wrapper:
>
> Armed Bear Common Lisp 1.5.0
> Java 1.8.0_161 Oracle Corporation
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
> Low-level initialization completed in 0.282 seconds.
> org.armedbear.lisp.IntegrityError

[…]

> ERROR placeholder called with arguments:
> Failed to find loadable system file 'autoloads-gen' in boot classpath.
> Failed to find loadable system file 'autoloads-gen' in boot classpath.

[…]

> It seems to recognize the correct java to build from, but I have no idea what these integrity errors mean.

This error means that ABCL cannot locate the
"org/armedbear/lisp/autoloads-gen.abcl” file, which should exist within the
“abcl.jar” file if your build really has succeeded, and you really are using
this file from the generated abcl wrapper.

In order to statup quicker, ABCL does not automatically load all its code into
memory, but instead uses a mechanism by which functionality is loaded as it is
referenced.  The “autoload-gen.abcl” file contains the instructions for these
autoload sequences, generated at build time.

Either your “abcl.jar” is incomplete and lacks this file because your build
process failed, or you aren’t invoking ABCL in the way you think you are.

I would recommend performing a clean build by invoking “ant clean” before
running the mainbuild, afterwards examining closely the end of the build log to
ensure that the autogen sequence executes correctly.

Then I would simply try to invoke ABCL via “java -jar abcl.jar” from the
“dist/“ directory to diagnose any problems you have with invocation.

Given that you seem to be same person who recently reported problems to MacPorts
building ABCL with JDK8, JDK9 and JDK10 installed, I bet that your problems
stem from somehow invoking an incompatible  java and/or javac sometime during
the build/run process.  I would ensure that the both the java/javac executables
in your PATH and the JAVA_HOME environment variables reference JDK8.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."