Compiler fail: Stack inconsistency detected in <unknown> at index 40: found 2, expected 0.

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Oct 6 11:08:05 UTC 2017

On 10/3/17 18:14, Paul Dietz wrote:
> (defparameter *abcl1*
>   '(lambda (a)
>     (declare (optimize (debug 0) (compilation-speed 1)
>               (speed 2) (space 3) (safety 1)))
>     (ash 0
>      (bit #*0100
>       (catch 'ct7 a)))))
>
> (defun test1 ()
>   (let ((fn (compile nil *abcl1*)))
>     (mapcar fn '(0 1 2 3))))
>
> (test1) ==>
>
> ; Caught ERROR:
> ;   Stack inconsistency detected in <unknown> at index 40: found 2,
> expected 0.

Confirmed as an issue [github][].

Working on a proposal to be more comprehensive in fixing these problems
by changing the bytecode format we emit.  We currently only produce
classfiles of the "49.0" format, whereas Java6 introduced a major
overhaul how verification is done for the serialization which should
help eliminate these kinds of errors.  The new bytecode specification is
essentially derived from a Prolog specification that--if we are
clever--could be easily "followed" by ABCL.

Thanks for the report!

Glad you are at least trying to use the Bear.

[github]: https://github.com/armedbear/abcl/issues/69
[abcl.org]: http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/453