How to call System.getProperty("user.home") from ABCL

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 21:33:54 UTC 2017

I get the same problem with version 1.5.0.

To summarize:  According to the documentation, (user-homedir-pathname)
should return the value returned by System.getProperty("user.home").  That
is what I am checking.

   1. My test Java code call System.getProperty("user.home") to returns:
   "C:\Users\977315"
   2. (user-homedir-pathname) returns: "C:/WINDOWS/system32/config/
   systemprofile/"
   1. This is the home directory of account S-1-5-18
   3. I want to call System.getProperty("user.home") from ABCL,
      1. (jcall "getProperty" "System" "user.home") gives error
      2. (jclass "System") returns error: Class not found

I don't think it is a bug, but suspect something in my user setup (as
maintained by the IT department).

I tried (user-homedir-pathname) in ABCL called from the command line.  I
get the same incorrect answer whether the Command window is ran as
Administrator or not.  So I want to examine in greater detail the
environment in which ABCL is running by calling System.getProperty.

Mirko