Errors loading CFFI: BAD-SYSTEM-NAME, missing Maven executable

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Jan 4 12:24:00 UTC 2017

On 1/3/17 18:07, Mirko Vukovic wrote:
[…]
> On 1/3/17 04:56, Mirko Vukovic wrote:
>> stack dump, and
>> then debugger related to the Maven executable.
>

> No progress after installing Maven & Aether Core.  Do I need to install
> something else?
>
> Details:
>
> I installed JDK (needed for Maven), and Maven, and Aether Core
> Now I have Java 1.8.0_0112.  I have updated Windows' PATH
> to include all three (so that maven -v gives the expected output:
>
> C:\>mvn -v
> C:\
> Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
[…]

> Excerpt of error message:
>
>         at org.armedbear.lisp.Interpreter.run(Interpreter.java:361)
>         at org.armedbear.lisp.Main$1.run(Main.java:48)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> Caused by: org.armedbear.lisp.Go
> ; Caught SIMPLE-WARNING:
> ;   Unable to locate Maven executable to find Maven Aether adaptors.
>
> jnaASDF could not load  because Java exception
> 'java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jna.Native'..
> #<THREAD "interpreter" {3A0BDDFA}>: Debugger invoked on condition of type
> JAVA-EXCEPTION
>   Java exception 'java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jna.Native'.
it now."

It looks as if ABCL can't find the Maven exectuable, as maybe it has a
different notion of the Windows System PATH.

Two ideas:

1)  Figure out why ABCL can't find Maven:

    CL-USER> (uiop/run-program:run-program "where.exe mvn.bat" :output
:string)

2) Set ABCL-ASDF:*MVN-LIBS-DIRECTORY* to the location of the Maven jar
files.