Anyone understand the logic of pushJavaStackFrames

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:46:56 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:

> On 1/3/17 00:35, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> > Well, I've gone and made an attempt at a "less leaky"  version. (It
> became
> > an obsession :( )
>

> Very cool. I need to find some cycles to start working through your code.
>
> One question:  do you expect version of SLIME categorically fail
> completely with previous ABCL versions (i.e. those without
> ABCL-INTROSPECT)?  Or were your able to special-case the new features in
> swank-abcl.lisp?

I did a bit of special-casing, but for the new stacktrace - falls back to
the old version if it isn't there (though current version (require)s
abcl-introspect).
No special-casing for new record-source-location stuff.
I could see about making it work without abcl-introspect. IIRC there are
only a couple of places that use it.
But is it worth it, given that it will require the new version of ABCL for
source-location?

Alan

btw, haven't updated https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/abcl/ -will do later