FriCAS w. ABCL

Kurt Pagani nilqed at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 19:02:31 UTC 2017

On 04.12.2017 23:28, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> Haven't looked at the code, but off the top of my head the ones mentioning
> offset problems might be from too-large classes. Does the system compile very
> large functions?

Probably yes. The lisp code is generated by the SPAD compiler, so the function
bodies may become quite large. I'm going to isolate the functions which trigger
the error.

> The last trace looks like it might be related to character encoding mismatch -
> perhaps invalid utf-8?

That's a good hint. Indeed, I haven't checked the encoding w.r.t abcl yet
(SBCL/ECL are supported for a long time, so I guess encoding is specially
handled somewhere in the support files).

BTW I'm not expecting that someone will look at the code, I just wanted to know
whether the causes of these messages are commonly known - except to me ;-)

Thank you!
Kurt