abcl-1.4.0 released

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Oct 14 09:23:26 UTC 2016

On 2016/10/13 20:23, Anton Vodonosov wrote:
> CL-USER(3): (CL:LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION)
> "1.4.0"
> "OpenJDK_Client_VM-Sun_Microsystems_Inc.-1.6.0_38-b38"
> "i386-Linux-3.2.0-4-686-pae"
>
> I see no errors in (require :abcl-contrib).
>
> You can ssh to testgrid at cl-test-grid.cloud.efficito.com and reproduce yourself (your public keys exist in  ~/.ssh/authorized_keys)

Not quite sure what key you have for me there, as I can't SSH with those
credentials from two plausible candidates.  I'll send you a copy of my
<mevenson at abcl.org> public key under separate cover that you can update
for me when you get a chance, ok?

> 13.10.2016, 13:17, "Mark Evenson" <evenson at panix.com>:
>> On 2016/10/10 21:36, Anton Vodonosov wrote:
>>>  In any case, org.armedbear.lisp.Go doesn't look right condition, as I understand
>>>  it's this exception class is used internally by ABCL to implement non-local exits.

I have replicated this error with the following
LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION setup.

"1.4.0-dev"
"OpenJDK_64-Bit_Server_VM-Sun_Microsystems_Inc.-1.6.0_32-b40"
"amd64-FreeBSD-11.0-RELEASE-p1"

The error stems from a failure to use Maven to download the JNA binary
artifact "net.java.dev.jna/jna/4.2.2" which ABCL uses to shim the
dynamic linking necessary CFFI to run.  I am not sure if this is a
generic problem with openjdk-6 using Maven, or the particular Maven
installations that our machine happen to have.  When I get a chance,
I'll do some more investigation on my failing instance, and when I get
access to `cl-test-grid.cloud.efficito.com`, I'll try to debug why Maven
is failing for you.  If necessary, we will release an abcl-1.4.1 to fix
the situation.

Thanks again for the fantastic resource that is CL-TEST-GRID!