function documentation patch

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue May 31 12:59:50 UTC 2016

On 5/29/16 22:55, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> When a function object is given to describe function documentation is not
> shown (it's shown on the symbol). Because of this, the slime function
> documentation doesn't show it either.

Thanks for the patch.  Unfortunately, I can't see a before/after change
in ABCL behavior after the patch.

I would expect the (describe '#foo) form below to output the function
definition with your patch but don't see it.

I have to dash to an appointment later, so will need to work on
reproduction of a good before/after in a bit.

CL-USER> (defun foo () "Function documentation" 123)
CL-USER> (describe 'foo)
FOO is an internal symbol in the COMMON-LISP-USER package.
Its function binding is #<FOO {2EF4FBFC}>.
The function's lambda list is:
  NIL
Function documentation:
  Function documentation
The symbol's property list contains these indicator/value pairs:
  SYSTEM::%SOURCE :TOP-LEVEL
; No value
CL-USER> (describe #'foo)
#<FOO {2EF4FBFC}> is an object of type FUNCTION.