#'asdf-jar:add-to-asdf use-jar-fasls is ineffective

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Jun 12 14:31:24 UTC 2016

On 2016/6/11 01:45, Vibhu Mohindra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got #'asdf-jar:package to create a jar file containing lisp sources
> and fasls. With abcl-1.0.1,
> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op ...)
> uses the fasls from the jar, whereas with abcl-1.1.0 onwards those fasls
> are ignored and the jarred sources are compiled into ~/.cache/... again.
>
> Is this a bug, or is it a feature (as easyE seems to think it is, in the
> last two sentences at:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4763910/abcl-compilation-and-primitives
> )?

Whatever I once thought, I agree that your use case for shipping a fully
pre-compiled artifact should be met by the ABCL implementation.  There
should be enough machinery within ASDF at this point to configure its
search path for FASLs.

Ideally when we fix this, we should include a test.

Filed as [ticket][412] for keeping track of progress on resolution.

[412]:  http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/412#ticket