Assorted patches

Olof-Joachim Frahm olof at macrolet.net
Tue Aug 9 19:46:57 UTC 2016

Hi list,

attached are some patches (from [1]) that have been sitting around for a
while; one is more of a work in progress, but it would still be great to
know if it's at least going in the right direction.

- 0001 Fixes an annoying issue I had where imported nested classes (with
  the dollar sign in their name) weren't found via JSS.
- 0002 Adds the `external-only` option as seen in SBCL to `apropos`,
  because it's convenient.
- 0005 Adds support for setting the `file-position` on
  `string-output-stream`s.  Might be somewhat obscure, but I stumbled
  upon it in some situation.

The next one could use some comments as well, but I consider it pretty
well working:

- 0003 Adds a hook and simple machinery to support multiple internal
  disassembler backends.  At the moment I've added the ObjectWeb ASM
  one and kept the existing JAD call.  Should this somehow add an ASDF
  system to support loading of those libraries via Maven?  At the moment
  a user has to have the matching JARs in their classpath for it to
  work.

Now the one that is not nearly done is 0004 which attempts to fix some
of the issues with `jnew-runtime-class`, in particular working custom
constructors.  Now I've noticed that that's a *big* topic, so this is
just a starting point.  I'm deliberating ways of supporting a direct
`super` call too, that includes fixing the supermethod calls that are
still in the code.

Let me know what you think, best regards,
Olof

[1]: https://github.com/Ferada/abcl/tree/patch-submissions