Package-local nicknames

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Fri Nov 27 18:23:25 UTC 2015

I'm all for picking the CDR again -- but I probably don't have the cycles
to hack on the SBCL implementation very much.

The conceptual origin of SBCL/ABCL -style package local nicknames is Lisp
Machine. I mostly tried to bring the ideas there in line with modern
sensibilities and address things like read/write consistency.

If you want to look at all the things it would be cool to support
(conceptually), the Scheme module system pretty much does it all -- but
obviously details and implementations would be quite different for CL.

Nice to see people thinking about this stuff. :)

Cheers,

 -- nikodemus