Encode/decode-universal-time and DST

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Nov 9 08:55:38 UTC 2015

Thanks for the patch!

Adding docstrings and so forth before committing SYS:GET-TIME-ZONE as an
official interface.  Probably adding an exported symbol in the EXTENSIONS
package as well.

local-time will currently *not* be included in stock ABCL-CONTRIB.

> On 09 Nov 2015, at 03:03, Scott L. Burson <Scott at sympoiesis.com> wrote:
>
> Oops -- didn't realize I needed to add an autoload.  Updated patch attached.
>
> (Is email the way you like to receive patches?)

Email is fine for now, and everything submitted as such is reviewed (at least
by me).  We’re looking at adding a bridge to the common-lisp.net gitlab in the
near future.

> On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Scott L. Burson <Scott at sympoiesis.com> wrote:
>> Using local-time is not a bad idea, but I worked up a patch for the
>> existing code anyway.  Attached.
>>
>> I tried to run the test suite, as requested on the Contributing page,
>> but it's looking for '../ansi-test/rt-package.lsp' which I don't have,
>> and don't see in the repo.

You need to clone [ANSI-TEST][] as sibling of the directory where the
‘abcl.asd’ definition is rooted in the local filesystem.  In the future, we
should provide a restart that will “git clone” it for you if you wish.  In the
future, ANSI-TEST may be moved to an asdf description which would allow
location and installation via Quicklisp (q.v.).

[ansi-test]: https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/groups/ansi-test

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."