[Armedbear-devel] asdf doesn't load dependencies in abcl

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Mar 4 07:56:48 UTC 2015

> On 21 Feb 2015, at 20:19, Pascal J. Bourguignon <pjb at informatimago.com> wrote:
>

> When using abcl, asdf doesn't load some dependent packages.  In this
> case, I have asd file com.informatimago.tools.asd

[…]
> Unfortunately, it seems that asdf (version "3.1.0.103") fails to load
> this dependencies:
>

> [pjb at kuiper :10.0 lisp]$ abcl
> Armed Bear Common Lisp 1.3.1
> Java 1.7.0_75 Oracle Corporation
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
> Low-level initialization completed in 1.136 seconds.
> Startup completed in 6.589 seconds.
> ;; -*- mode:lisp -*-
> (:OUTPUT-TRANSLATIONS :IGNORE-INVALID-ENTRIES (T (:HOME ".cache" "common-lisp" :HOSTNAME :IMPLEMENTATION)) (T (:HOME ".cache" "common-lisp" :IMPLEMENTATION)) :INHERIT-CONFIGURATION)
> To load "com.informatimago.common-lisp":
>  Load 1 ASDF system:
>    com.informatimago.common-lisp

> For reference, the same script run by ccl (with asdf version "3.1.3"):

[…]

It is unclear to me how to reproduce your problem.  You mention “the same
script run run by CCL” but I see no script, as you show an invocation of abcl
without any arguments.  Is the script you refer to the contents of “~/.abclrc”?
If so, can you you please provide the contents of the file as well as a little
instructions on how to set things up?

Naively, I expect that your problems will be solved by using ASDF 3.1.4 which
is in the abcl-1.4.0-dev version of ABCL available at the svn HEAD.

I did some poking around loading the Quicklisp versions of the
"com.informatimago.common-lisp.tools.pathname" and
"com.informatimago.common-lisp.graphviz” packages on both abcl 1.3.1 and HEAD
without encountering problems.

Erik has [filed a ticket][1] to track this problem.

[1]: http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/386#comment:2

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."