Bordeaux-threads issues

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Jul 22 10:55:23 UTC 2015

On 2015/7/22 12:26, Stelian Ionescu wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-07-22 at 08:27 +0200, Mark Evenson wrote:
>>> On 22 Jul 2015, at 02:00, Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at cddr.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, can somebody take a look at the Bordeaux-threads support for ABCL?
>>> The test suite hangs on Travis-CI.org during automatic tests so I guess
>>> there's something wrong there. TraviCI runs Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on x86_64.
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> BORDEAUX-THREADS works fine for me.
>>
>> Which version of BORDEAUX-THREADS do you wish us to test?  What are the values
>> for LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION in your test environment?

Could you please report the values returned by
LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION?

Using [SLEEP with a value 0][1] may mean "sleep for an indefinite
period" on certain JVMs, so I'm a little suspicious of this as an
optimization.  A better implementation would be to just call
java.lang.Thread.yield() directly as in:

   (java:jstatic "yield" "java.lang.Thread")

[1]:
https://github.com/sionescu/bordeaux-threads/commit/cd370437503a7afc83e96b09e6a26307420b08e2