[Armedbear-devel] How to get a fresh session or instance

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Jan 26 06:51:14 UTC 2015

> On 10 Dec 2014, at 21:13, Alessio Stalla <alessiostalla at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2014-12-10, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
>
> > The Lisp environment is a global singleton per JVM process, like that
> > of any other Lisp implementation is per OS process.
>
> Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to use multiple classloaders to get
> separate ABCL environments ...
>
> Yes, it's possible. You just have to be careful and avoid sharing any ABCL-related class among classloaders through a common ancestor. I.e. you have to load ABCL from a location unknown to the JVM (not from CLASSPATH nor the webapp's libs, etc.).

[…]

Upon reflection, I think this abstraction of “multiple ABCL instances”, if
improved, could help address some long standing problems with the ABCL
implementation if we used this to, say actually go “back in time” to a given
stack frame.  Need to think more…

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."