Loops and interruptibility

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Thu Dec 31 02:49:41 UTC 2015

On 30/12/15 21:19, Scott L. Burson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The other day I had an inadvertent infinite loop in my code, running
> in ABCL, and found I was unable to interrupt it with double C-c in
> SLIME.  In fact, even when I killed the process, restarted it, and
> started the code with the infinite loop in a new thread, I couldn't
> kill the thread!
>
> Is this a known problem, or is something wrong with my setup?

With CCL I often have the same problem, so it might be not your setup.
I have list-threads and kill-threads for this:
https://gitlab.com/com-informatimago/com-informatimago/blob/master/tools/thread.lisp
There's also an undocumented slime command: slime-thread-kill ; never
tried it.

--
__Pascal J. Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/