Lisp filepath issues when running application directly from jar file

Hamda Binte Ajmal hamda.binte.ajmal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 10:20:18 UTC 2015

Hi,
I was working on an application, that loads a few lisp files using lisp
command
(load "fullfilepath.lisp") from java using ABCL.
This file in turn loads the other lisp files located in same folder
hierarchy, and then i call lisp functions (defined in these files) from
java and everything works perfect as long as I run the application from
Netbeans.
Close to deployment, I tested the application by running it from jar file,
I found that there are issues with filepaths, as the files are not a part
of file-system, and hence not accessible using a file-path.
Does anyone has any idea how to fix this issue ?
I tried many things, like

URL url = LispConnector.class.getResource("/Aima/aima/quicklisp/setup.lisp");String
path = url.getFile();File f = new File(path);
path = f.getAbsolutePath();
path = path.replace("\\", "/");

which returns [image: enter image description here]

But which is wrong as this is not a valid file path and does not exists so
lisp : (load "filepath") fails here.

When I use the code

String path = url.toURI();File = new File(path);
path = path.getAbsolutePath();

Again it works fine while running from netbeans, but shows error "URI is
not hierarchical" error while running the jar file.

Has anyone encountered this issue, please help.

--
Hamda Binte Ajmal
NUIG, Ireland