[Armedbear-devel] Usage of CL+SSL with ABCL (was Re: Question about pipes)

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Sep 2 18:54:39 UTC 2014

On 19 May 2014, at 09:44, Administrador Sistemas <sistemas at dedaloingenieros.com> wrote:

> El Miércoles, 14 de mayo de 2014 10:24:51 Mark Evenson escribió:
> > On 13 May 2014, at 22:40, Sistemas <sistemas at dedaloingenieros.com> wrote:
>
> BTW, now I have a problem when using CL+SSL that seems the ticket 355 [1] and 251 [2]. I'll be waiting for good news about that issues :)
>
> Greets and thanks again.
> Rafael J. Alcántara Pérez.
>
> [1]http.//abcl.org/trac/ticket/355
> [2]http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/251
> [3]http://pastebin.com/exbrTKxM

CL+SSL is now working with a series of [patches to CFFI][1], which are in the
process of being revised for submission in an upcoming CFFI Quicklisp release.

Things work well enough that

	CL-USER> (require :abcl-contrib)(require :quicklisp-abcl)(ql:quickload :drakma)(drakma:http-request “https://google.com”)

“works” (it hangs on the first request, but subsequent requests go through:
just retry when you hit the first restart).

[1]: https://github.com/cffi/cffi/pull/43

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."