[Armedbear-devel] Advancements in preparing ASDF system in ABCL for WAR

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Sep 2 13:48:16 UTC 2014

A notice for those interested in my recent work in deploying ABCL as a WAR
binary artifact of [an update to abcl-servlet][1], which is where I am
collecting my ideas on implementation in an open source form.

After locating the ASDF ABCL-SERVLET/BUILD definition, one may

	CL-USER> (abcl-servlet/prepare :hunchentoot)

to create necessary packaging of Hunchentoot and its transitive ASDF
dependences to [<file:hunchentoot/build/web/asdf/>][2] for merging into Java Servlet WAR
archives.

I’ve got a 100 Mib deployment WAR out of this system that has been running in
production for six months now, but comments on how to generalise are welcome.

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/easye/abcl-servlet/commits/e3bf36e015f2b5168d3e1d3d547aa6d85373ce6b
[2]: https://bitbucket.org/easye/abcl-servlet/src/b0e7e5353d6c92a1990ed1bb5500be1bd919b341/src/lisp/prepare.lisp?at=default#cl-61

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."