[Armedbear-devel] ABCL and RMI

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Tue Nov 25 20:55:41 UTC 2014

I am trying to profile (using jvirtualvm) a program that I have compiled
ABCL into.  I'm using ABCL to script the application, and rapidly prototype
extensions.

The program is the PRISM model checker (http://www.prismmodelchecker.org/),
for anyone who is interested.

Oddly, I find that the profiler's call graph shows not just my top level
main() program as a root, but also multiple jobs running RMI TCP
connection.  These are all in the idle state, but seem to be chewing up a
lot of CPU.

There are 16 of these processes and an RMI thread scheduler.

Is there any way that ABCL could be causing this to happen?  I don't see
any use of RMI in the host PRISM program, but then I don't see it in ABCL,
either.