[Armedbear-devel] Question about pipes

Sistemas sistemas at dedaloingenieros.com
Tue May 13 20:40:37 UTC 2014

El Martes, 13 de mayo de 2014 21:02:18 Erik Huelsmann escribió:
> Hi Rafael,
>
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:56 PM, Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Rafael,
> >
> > On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Sistemas <sistemas at dedaloingenieros.com>wrote:
> >> Hi:
> >>
> >> I'm trying to start some processes and connect them using pipes with ABCL
> >> (like Unix shell pipes). I've reviewed the documentation but I haven't
> >> found
> >> anything. Are I missing something? If not, are there any plans of adding
> >> input, output and error parameters for run-program (like SBCL, CCL,
> >> etc.)?
> >
> > There's a function like that in run-program.lisp:
> [ snip ]
>
> This makes me discover RUN-PROGRAM:
>
> CL-USER(1): (apropos 'run-program)
> SYSTEM:RUN-PROGRAM (fbound)
> RUN-PROGRAM
>
> The following returns the required documentation for me:
>
> CL-USER(2): (documentation #'system:run-program 'function)
> "<text I pasted for you before>"
>

> Hope that helps you consult the docs!

Hi Erik:

Thankyou, I've seen the documentation before sending my original mail :)
I tryed to make a simple pipe with this piece of code:

(let ((p1 (system:run-program "echo" '("zero") :wait nil))
      (p2 (system:run-program "grep" '("zero") :wait nil)))
  (setf (system:process-input p2) (system:process-output p1))
  (system:process-wait p1)
  (system:process-wait p2))

It hangs, so I don't know if I am missing something.

Thanks again :)
Rafael J. Alcántara Pérez.
--