DIRECTORY with :WILD-INFERIOR Fails (was Re: [armedbear-devel] HEADS UP: CL:DIRECTORY :RESOLVE-SYMLINKS default changed to nil)

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Feb 1 09:43:08 UTC 2014

Unfortunately, the [new implementation of :RESOLVE-SYMLINKS has broken the use of :WILD-INFERIOR components to DIRECTORY][ticket-344]. Amongst the prominent victims here is Quicklisp, so this clearly needs to be patched soon.  I think the problems lie entirely in directory.lisp, for which I am currently refactoring the [LISP-DIRECTORIES-WITH-WILDCARDS function][2] to see why it is failing to recurse.  This is proving to take a bit of time, so those who want to use Quicklisp on trunk should revert and/or fix [r14619][].

Sorry for the inconvenience.

[ticket-344]: http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/344
[2]: http://abcl.org/trac/browser/trunk/abcl/src/org/armedbear/lisp/directory.lisp#l47
[r14619] http://abcl.org/trac/changeset/14619

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."