[armedbear-devel] hang with threads:object-wait

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Feb 1 16:29:08 UTC 2014

On Feb 1, 2014, at 14:54, James M. Lawrence <llmjjmll at gmail.com> wrote:

> (defun test ()
>  (let ((object (cons nil nil)))
>    (threads:synchronized-on object
>      (threads:object-wait object 0.0001))))
>
> For times between 0 and 0.0001 this appears to hang indefinitely. No
> problem with times above 0.001.
>
> The context is the new timeout option for bordeaux-threads:condition-wait,
>
> https://github.com/sionescu/bordeaux-threads/blob/master/src/impl-abcl.lisp#L101
>
> 1.3.0-dev-svn-14623
> Java_HotSpot(TM)_Server_VM-Oracle_Corporation-1.7.0_04-b20
> i386-Linux-3.2.0-24-generic-pae

Filed as [ticket-345][].  We need to possibly use the sub-millisecond timeouts afforded by the NIO interfaces, which may not be present all the way back to Java 5.

[ticket-345]: http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/345

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."