[armedbear-devel] Maven versus ASDF versions

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Feb 24 10:54:17 UTC 2014

On 2/24/14, 7:34, Cyrus Harmon wrote:

[…]

> While we’re on the subject, I don’t like the idea of constantly
> reloading artifacts from maven, especially when, AFAIUI, ABCL doesn’t
> currently support reloading classes from jars. I guess the question
> is should we resolve the maven artifact at compile time or load time?
> Probably not both. Well, it probably should be some custom ASDF
> component-type that has a resolve-op, but that’s an exercise for
> another day.
>
> In the meantime, how about something like this:
[…]
> This has us only resolving the the maven artifact once.

I'm not entirely conversant on which component-type is invoked at which
phase, but I [have applied a version of your patch][r14631] which does
resolution during the ASDF COMPILE-OP phase, and actually adds this
value to the JVM classpath during the LOAD-OP phase which removes the
"double lookup" of Maven artifacts.

[r14631]: http://abcl.org/trac/changeset/14631