[Armedbear-devel] ABCL and RMI

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Tue Dec 2 15:24:04 UTC 2014

Mark Evenson wrote:
> On 11/28/14 21:24, Robert Goldman wrote:
>> Mark Evenson wrote:
>
> […]
>>> Any chance you can put the source up publicly for me to have a shot at running it?
>>>
>> I probably could, but I don't know that you'd thank me.  PRISM is
>> already huge, and with an idiosyncratic build process. Then adding ABCL
>> to the mix makes a real gonkulator.
>>
>> I'll have a quick whack at using Eclipse to profile first, and will
>> report back.  If the oddity persists (and isn't just a weirdness of
>> jvisualvm), I'll package up stuff so that you can see it.
>
> I'm more of a Netbeans fan myself, but looking forward to the result of
> your efforts.

I think this is a false alarm.  Looks like the oddity comes from
jvisualvm.  Sorry about that.  Looks like it was a Heisenbug.

I was debugging a search routine where I first wrote the heuristic class
in ABCL, then hand-compiled to Java when it was working.

Bug was not ABCL, but rather seems to be in the underlying search routine.

Thanks everyone for the help.  I'm a newcomer to the Java platform.
ABCL helps with this, but I'm still prone to stupid errors.