[Armedbear-devel] Having trouble with ASDF-JAR

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Dec 7 13:58:54 UTC 2014

> On 07 Dec 2014, at 06:49, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 2014-12-06, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> If you are running under SLIME, you should drop out to the debugger, and be
>> able to inspect the error to find the location.
>
> Well, I'm not working with SLIME, and my attempt to use jdb didn't work
> as hoped ... wasn't able to set a breakpoint in an overloaded method
> (I don't remember the error but the jdb repl rejected what looked to me
> like a correct breakpoint).

I’ve had good experience using Netbeans to connect to JVM processes for
debugging, inclusive of setting breakpoints, but if I were to approach your
problem I would first try to get the abcl.jar running in the Java Servlet
context to start a SLIME swank server that I could then connect to to set the
appropriate debug hooks.

> For the moment I've stopped pursuing ASDF-JAR and decided to just load
> fasls from the file system (via ASDF) and that is working just as one
> would hope with Jetty as the servlet container. I will post some notes
> in case anyone else is interested.

I’m glad you got something to work!

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."